Chicken Noodle Soup
This recipe is from the /> 7 Ways book and while it took me a bit longer than the 20 minutes advised in the book it was well worth the effort and absolutely delicious!
If you wanted to make this in a veggie version it is so easy to do, just leave out the chicken and use a veg stock. You will still get the lovely spicy flavours from the curry paste which goes into the stock mix.
– 2 chicken breast fillets
– 3 tbsp rendang (or thai red curry) paste
– 10cm piece of ginger sliced into matchsticks (or 2-3 tsps lazy ginger slices)
– 1 litre chicken stock
– 1 tin coconut milk
– 200g wholewheat noodles
– 6-8 babycorn, sliced in half lengthways
– 1 pack of mixed stir fry veg (i used veg i already had in – kale, red cabbage, broccoli, edamame beans)
– Slice each chicken breast into 3 large strips and mix in with half of the curry paste
– Heat a pan with a small amount of olive oil then add the chicken and half of the ginger slices and cook until the chicken is cooked through and has a really golden appearance
– Heat another deep pan and add the remaining ginger and curry paste to the pan along with the stock and bring to the boil
– Then add the coconut milk and noodles, cover & cook for 5 minutes
– Now stir in your mixed vegetables for 1-2 minutes until all heated through
– Add a tbsp of red wine vinegar to the chicken pan stirring to coat the chicken in the sticky glaze and then cut the chicken into slices
– To serve put your veg and noodle mix into bowls with the chicken pieces on top, enjoy!