EASY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
With the weather finalllyyyy starting to get really cold out there, there is nothing better than a warming soup to give you alll the cosy feels – plus rammed full of lots of goodness to keep any germs at bay!
This Chicken Noodle soup couldn’t be easier and is just the perfect way to warm yourself up
REMEMBER TO SAVE TO TRY IT LATER
300 calories per portion
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large Onion, chopped
2 large Carrots, chopped
2 stalks Celery, chopped
4 cloves of Garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs fresh Thyme (or 1/2 tsp of dried)
500g of skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 5 or 6 thighs)
2litres of Chicken Stock
150g short dried pasta (penne or fusilli, or even shells would be fab)
Fresh Parsley to serve
– Heat the oil in a large pan, then add your onions, carrots, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes over a medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to soften.
– Turn the heat down to medium, stir in your garlic, bay leaves, and thyme, and fry for about a minute, then pour in the chicken stock and then bring it to a low simmer; give the stock a taste too and add a little salt if needed.
– Once simmering, add the chicken thighs into the soup, ensuring that the stock covers them and then bring the soup back to a low simmer then partially cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
– After 20 minutes, transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, then add your pasta to the broth and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes until the pasta is tender and the vegetables are soft.
– While the pasta cooks, shred the chicken into strips, then once the pasta is soft slide the chicken back into the pot, give it a good story then taste the soup once more for seasoning and then it’s ready to serve!
Top with a little fresh parsley and enjoy!