Thai Chicken, Ginger Greens & Rice
Another recipe on the menu this evening. This is from their ‘Health Kitchen’ range and will take about 30 minutes to cook and serve up. Below is how i rustled up this delicious & healthy dish.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 4 boneless & skinless chicken thighs (you can use 2 chicken breasts instead)
– 1 pack wholegrain rice & qunioa (you can use any rice or grains you want to)
– 1 small white onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 red chilli
– handful of coriander
– 1 lime
– 25g solid coconut cream
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 red pepper sliced
– handful of green beans
– 120g shredded kale
– 1 tsp ginger paste
– Peel and roughly chop the onion and garlic, finely chop the chilli and coriander.
– Add the onion, garlic, chilli & coriander with a small glug of olive oil to a food processor and blitz to a paste (keep 2 tbsps aside).
– Dissolve the coconut cream in 150ml of boiled water, add the soy sauce and stir all together.
– Heat a large wide-based pan, add the chicken thighs and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until browned.
– Once browned add your blitzed paste to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then add your coconut stock and leave on a medium heat for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, stirring the sauce ocassionally.
– While the chicken is cooking add the ginger paste to another pan then add the peppers, green beans and kale and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until your veg has softened but still with a bite, stirring ocassionally.
– Put the pack of rice in the microwave for 3 minutes.
– To serve put your rice and veg on a plate then add the chicken, spoon over the sauce and drizzle the remaining paste over your chicken and veg. Enjoy!